Saturday, May 5, 2007

Smelterville: Second Grade - Self-awareness

I was in Second Grade when I became self-aware. I can remember coming home from school one day and throwing myself on the couch and crying. I was scared. We had learned that the world was round that day, and I didn't want to fall off. I think I tried to pray, "Please God, don't let the world stop turning, cause I don't want to fall off." This was the first time I was aware that I was finite, and that there were things that I had no control over. I don't know why I didn't talk to my parents about it. I guess I figured we were all in the same boat.

It took me a lot of years to realize that God created things the way they are for a purpose, and I didn't have to worry about the creation going berserk all of a sudden. I was probably in my 20s then.

No comments: