Monday, September 10, 2007

Meme

Inland Empire Girl from Gathering Around the Table sent this meme challenge to me. . .

01. If you could have super powers what would they be and what would you do with them?
  • Ability to allow people to distinguish truth from error.

  • Ablility to keep people from saying hurtful things to the innocent.

  • Ablility to fly - because it would be fun!
I'd use the first two on everyone I came into contact with. I think they would help people to make better decisions and stop creating victims - especially of children.

The third I would use for my own recreation and entertainment.

02. Were you to find yourself stranded on an island with a CD player...it could happen...what would your top 10 bloggers island discs be?
  • 9 Wow Worship CDs
  • Michael W. Smith's Worship Album
My focus would be on the Lord, since He would be the only one I could talk to (and hear from). Any other music would just make me sad for another time and place.

03. If you were a smell what would it be?

Vanilla sugar. Good smell that anyone would enjoy being around.


04. What bird would you most like to be?

Sorry, no bird. Their brains are too small and their lives are boring. . .but if I had to be one, I'd be a humming bird. Who doesn't love 'em?


05. If you were a bird who's head would you poo on?

Please, it's bad enough I have nightmares about bodily functions. I wouldn't want to poo anywhere, at anytime, for anyone to see - let alone. . .feel.


06. Are there any foods that your body craves?

Chocolate, mostly. Sometimes vegetables, if I haven't been eating properly. Sometimes beef.

07. What's your favorite time of year?

Spring and Autumn - just because the weather is more temperate and there is plenty of daylight. Love warm days and cool nights. I love the Winter snow, but not the short daylight. Love the Summer daylight, but not the heat.


08. What's your favorite time of day?

Evening. No more pressure to perform household tasks. I can rest without guilt, visit with my family, play on the computer, watch TV, work on craft and sewing projects, go out for tea and dessert, and sit on the porch to watch the sunset change colors. (Interesting to note, it is also temperate at that time of day. . .)


09. If a rest is as good as a change which would you choose?

Rest. Change is more stressful, even if it is good change. (I love variety, as in a work setting, but change - not so much. We used to move a lot, and at first it was very exciting. I finally got tired of always being "the new person" at church, in the community, etc. There is something to be said for longevity in place and among a group of people.)


10. If you could have a dinner party and invite any 5 people from the past or present who would they be (living or deceased)?

Jesus (my Savior, to be the guest of honor and to explain the questions of life), my husband (best friend), my dad (second favorite man in my life), Emeril (to cook -He's one of my dad's favorite chef's, and Rachel Ray is too cute and perky), and you (whosoever will, may come).

4 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

Awesome post. I love all your answers, but the last one captured my attention because why wouldn't we want great chefs at our dinner party. Would we want to be cooking when people like Jesus come to dinner. I don't think so!!

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

Thanks.

Yea, I'd love to throw a dinner party, and just have to interact with my guests. I thought about listing "Martha" - from the Bible, but I didn't want her to complain to Jesus, because I wouldn't help!

Anonymous said...

You two are too funny! This is a great meme - fun, and yet sounds like you have your priorities straight.

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

Thanks, Jackie - just hope Emeril wouldn't get "stage fright" in front of Jesus and botch the meal. "BAM!"